[Zope] Zope hangs

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Tue Sep 30 10:45:02 EDT 2008

2008/9/30 Nico Grubert <nicogrubert at gmail.com>:
>> Yes, and you can use the Control_Panel/DebugInfo as well and scroll
>> down to the Connections table. Out of the 8 threads most of them
>> should be vacant (ie. None) and if there are some requests logged
>> there they should in the range of < 1 sec.
>> If any of them are longer than 1 sec they are either stuck or doing
>> something is supposed to take a long time (e.g. render a complex
>> report, do a big upload, etc.)
>>
>> I once had a similar problem and I hacked the LDAPUserFolder to do a
>> timing of the connections and found that connecting to the LDAP server
>> was super slow and thus each connection cost too much time and it
>> subsequently blocked the threads.
>
> Hi Peter
>
> thanks for your reply.
>
> At Control_Panel/DebugInfo I see
> None     (44921)
> Tue Sep 30 13:24:18 2008 (0.37s)        (... 'ACTUAL_URL':
> 'http://fog:8086/Control_Panel/DebugInfo/manage_main'}) (641)
> None    (57523)
> None    (69795)
> None    (47637)
> Tue Sep 30 13:24:17 2008 (1.18s)        (... path/to/any/doc')}) (48335)
>
> I sometimes see a LDAP call in the DeadlockProfiler output so it could
> be the reason.
>
> Do you still have the LDAP patch around? I'd like to do a
> timing of the connections, too.

It was work on at a client's site. But I think you should look for
somehing like this:
conn.simple_bind_s(user_dn, user_pwd) in LDAPDelegate.py
so it looks something like this:

    import time
    T0 = time.time()
    conn.simple_bind_s(user_dn, user_pwd)
    T1 = time.time()
    open('/tmp/timings.log','a').write('%s\n' % (T1-T0))

> Regards
> Nico

Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com