[Zope] Freelancing fees

Pablo Ziliani pablo at kultroom.com
Thu Apr 2 14:49:10 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

I've been working for the same Zope or Django projects for virtually 5
years now, but recently, the circumstances and I reached an agreement
concluding that it's time to start looking at freelancing. In
consequence I need to set an hourly fee rate for the team.

So, I'm running a small studio in Argentina, taking both graphic design
and programming stuff. The GD fee may be easier for me to figure than
the programming one; particularly, I was wondering if the fact of
knowing Zope2 very well added any cent to the "general programming" fee
(whatever that could be). I know there are uncountable factors that make
up this figure, but in order to achieve some kind of reference:

Off the top of your heads, which is a reasonable hourly fee for a
project/task/client including zope-specific skills in the job
description? $/€ 1, 15, 30, 50, 100, 300, ...?

Furthermore: how much if it doesn't?

Regards,
Pablo Ziliani

PS: any tip on getting Python/Zope freelance jobs, highly appreciated