[Zope] cache for python calls

Carsten Senger senger at rehfisch.de
Fri Apr 17 10:01:34 EDT 2009

iarly selbir | ski0s schrieb:
> I'm doing a hard task, trying to improve maximum of possible performance
> to Zope/Plone server, I already installed CacheFu that improved so much
> performance, I saw on a blog about cache for Python calls but wasn't
> explained about your configuration or installation. there are any
> related product for zope to do it or something like that?

There are some packages that cache the results of python functions
calls. In Plone, plone.memoize is used often. There are others like
bda.cache and gocept.cache. For these caches to work you have to
decorate the functions you want to call.

> The main question is improve a better performance to this server.
>
> Any tip/solution is welcome.

Like Andreas said find out where your bottlenecks are before you change
things.

You can take a look at the Zope configuration. To small zodb connection
caches decrease performance due to unnecessary unpickeling of objects,
to big settings or to many threads can make the operating system swap.

..Carsten