[Zope] Zope2.12

Jim Pharis binbrain at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 19:28:32 EST 2009

I'm trying to wrap my head around what the changes in Zope2.12 can mean for
how I develop in Zope2 now. I've developed things in Zope3 and am getting
stuck attempting the same methods in Zope2.12. So I see now that etc/ now
has a site.zcml. But what is missing is the package-includes directory that
provides the wiring to zcml directives in the varies packages. Why are those
configurations missing from Zope2.12.2 etc/?

I am trying to make it so a site can be added the same it is added in the
Web Component Development with Zope 3 book and finding that the browser
directives that declare the menu item and container view are missing from
the wiring.

Overall, it would be helpful for the Zope2.12 documentation to give a better
idea about how to develop in the new ZTK way. I'm sure someone is working on
it though.

Thanks,

- Jim