[Zope] Zope2.12

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 04:47:31 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 01:28, Jim Pharis <binbrain at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to wrap my head around what the changes in Zope2.12 can mean for
> how I develop in Zope2 now. I've developed things in Zope3 and am getting
> stuck attempting the same methods in Zope2.12. So I see now that etc/ now
> has a site.zcml. But what is missing is the package-includes directory that
> provides the wiring to zcml directives in the varies packages. Why are those
> configurations missing from Zope2.12.2 etc/?

They are?

$ /opt/python26/bin/virtualenv z12
$ cd z12
$ bin/easy_install Zope2
$ bin/mkzopeinstance -d testinst
$ cd testinst
$ more etc/site.zcml

<include files="package-includes/*-configure.zcml" />
  <five:loadProducts />

Looks like it's there. OK, so the directory doesn't exist, but you can
create it.

Most people today develop using buildout, where the zope instance
recipe will create the snippets for you. But that's a different topic,
really.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64