[Zope] Zope2.12

Jim Pharis binbrain at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 06:16:07 EST 2009

So developing in Z3 had several perceived benefits no? The problem is that
in many cases existing projects couldn't just move to Z3 and start using the
CA. From Z3 development was born ZTK, a modular CA implementation that Z2
could now leverage, and I thought in theory all the Z3 CA goodness was now
brought to us in Z2 development.

I have several existing Z2 Products that aren't going anywhere. Now I want
to start developing new stuff using CA paradigms in Z2. This seems like it
should now be possible because Z2.12 itself is now built on ZTK. However,
I'm running into problems. For example, zcml directives such as the one in
zope.app.container-3.8.0-py2.6.egg/zope/app/container/browser/meta.zcml:
name="containerViews" aren't wired into Z2.12 it seems. Trying to use
<browser:containerViews throws an 'Unknown directive' error. That's just 1
example. Well I could start wiring all this stuff myself, it seems like that
should be done already.

- Jim