[Zope] Zope2 and XMLRPC methods

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.net
Tue Feb 17 17:05:02 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009, Rowan Woodhouse wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm having some trouble getting XML-RPC methods going on Zope2/Five.
>I've got the following in my configure.zcml:
>
><configure
>     xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"
>     xmlns:browser="http://namespaces.zope.org/browser"
>     xmlns:five="http://namespaces.zope.org/five"
>     xmlns:xmlrpc="http://namespaces.zope.org/xmlrpc">
>
>     <include package="zope.app.publisher.xmlrpc" file="meta.zcml" />
>     <include package="zope.app.security" file="meta.zcml" />
>
>     <xmlrpc:view
>         for="MZCore.interface.IMZTag"
>         methods="smeg"
>         class="MZCore.MZTag.MZTag.MZTagXmlRpcInterface"
>         permission="zope.Public"
>         />
>
></configure>

>But when I try to access the method via XML-RPC as follows (where aaa is
>and object that implements IMZTag)

I am probably using an older version of zope, but the following
is working for me using xmlrpclib.

from xmlrpclib import ServerProxy
baseurl = 'http://username:password@host.example.com:8080/'
server = ServerProxy(baseurl + 'some/path')
results = server.myFunction() # arguments as necessary

Perhaps this is too simple, but it Just Works(tm).

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

Force always attracts men of low morality.  -- Albert Einstein