[Zope] Weird "undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS{2|4}_AsEncodedString" errors

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 06:00:18 EST 2009

Chris Withers wrote:
> ImportError: /usr/lib/zope2.9/lib/python/persistent/cPersistence.so:
> undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_AsEncodedString

> ImportError: /opt/Zope-2.9/lib/python/persistent/cPersistence.so:
> undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_AsEncodedString

Having had a bit of a google, I found this post from Andreas:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-users/2006-June/003791.html

So it seems that "python2.4" resolves to one python when cron is running
and another when run from a shell of the same user.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before or know what could cause it?

cheers,

Chris

PS: I've solved this for now by changing python2.4 to
/usr/local/bin/python2.4 in the control scripts, which seems to have
done the trick.

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk