[Zope] Error in python method...

Joseph Thomas (s) jthomas at cap.org
Tue Jan 13 11:36:36 EST 2009

I'm going thru the online zope book (2.6) and trying out the simple
interest rate calculator web application under the section:

Creating a Basic Zope Application Using Page Templates and Scripts

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/BasicObject.
stx

I'll attach the error log:

Time

2009/01/13 09:57:11.072 US/Central

User Name (User Id)

admin (admin)

Request URL

http://localhost:8080/interest/interestRateDisplay

Exception Type

AttributeError

Exception Value

calculateCompoundingInterest

Traceback (innermost last):

*	Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 119, in publish
*	Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
*	Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 42, in call_object
*	Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 313, in __call__
*	Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 350, in _bindAndExec
*	Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 330, in
_exec
*	Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 427, in
pt_render
*	Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 89, in
pt_render
*	Module zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplate, line 117, in pt_render
*	Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 271, in __call__
*	Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
*	Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 623, in do_insertText_tal
*	Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 228, in
evaluateText
*	Module zope.tales.tales, line 696, in evaluate
	Line 10, Column 4
	Expression: <PythonExpr
here.calculateCompoundingInterest(principal, interest_rate, periods,
years)>
	Names:

*                {'container': <Folder at /interest>,
*                 'context': <Folder at /interest>,
*                 'default': <object object at 0x0071C528>,
*                 'here': <Folder at /interest>,
*                 'loop': {},
*                 'nothing': None,
*                 'options': {'args': ()},
*                 'repeat':
<Products.PageTemplates.Expressions.SafeMapping object at 0x06EB1A08>,
*                 'request': <HTTPRequest,
URL=http://localhost:8080/interest/interestRateDisplay>,
*                 'root': <Application at >,
*                 'template': <ZopePageTemplate at
/interest/interestRateDisplay>,
*                 'traverse_subpath': [],
 'user': <PropertiedUser 'admin'>}

*	Module Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr, line 49, in __call__
	__traceback_info__: here.calculateCompoundingInterest(principal,
interest_rate, periods, years)
*	Module PythonExpr, line 1, in <expression>

AttributeError: calculateCompoundingInterest

form

interest_rate

12.0

years

12

periods

4

principal

20000.0

Does this indicate an error with my python script?

Joseph Thomas

College of American Pathologists

http://www.cap.org <http://www.cap.org/>

Consider our environment; please print this e-mail only if truly
necessary. Thank you!