[Zope] Problem with POST and text/xml

Jonathan (dev101) dev101 at magma.ca
Sat Jul 11 11:30:22 EDT 2009

"Michael Haubenwallner" <michael at d2m.at> wrote in message
news:4A5898F5.8040805 at d2m.at...

> Jonathan (dev101) wrote:
>> I need to support a third party web service (which is not within my
>> control)
>> that wants to send xml data to my zope server (Zope 2.9.2 running on
>> Redhat
>> linux).
>>
>> When Zope receives a POST request with a Content-Type of text/xml it
>> assumes
>> that it is an xmlrpc call (which it is not - it is just passing xml data
>> within the POST request).
>>
>> Is there a way to get Zope to turn off this "xmlrpc assumption" so that
>> my
>> zope external method can process the xml data that is being passed?
>>

> Did you think of using 'application/xml' instead of 'text/xml' ?
> Everything should work as expected.
>
> Regards
> Michael

Just out of curiosity I ran a test using content-type of 'application/xml'
and zope does not raise the xmlrpc error (as it does with content-type of
'text/xml'), but the POST content is not available within the REQUEST
object.

This appears to be the same problem that I encountered using a content-type
of 'text/xml' with the xmlrpc test turned off (ie. no xmlrpc error, but no
POST data).

Does zope only make POST data available within the REQUEST object if the
content-type is set to "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" or
"multipart/form-data"?

Jonathan