[Zope] Possible effects of a custom event logger on a running Zope instance

Marco Bizzarri marco.bizzarri at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 10:27:38 EDT 2009

Hi all.

I'm planning to create a custom event handler for Zope; the handler,
on an Exception, will automatically open a ticket inside a trac
system.

It could happen of course that the site where the ticket are sent is
down. What could be the possible effect of this? Would the
raising/handling of the exception be compromised?

I could think to have the exception logged on a local file, and then
sent to the ticket system via a process external to Zope, but I wonder
if this is necessary.

Regards
Marco

--