[Zope] Storage names being lowercased by collective.recipe.filestorage ?

Jean Jordaan jean.jordaan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 03:27:49 EDT 2009

Hi there

It looks like the filestorage recipe lowercases storage names somewhere,
making storage names containing uppercase characters fail.

In a buildout, I have a [filestorages] section with parts like this:

"""
parts =
    ClmE
    GclMe
    TwaP
"""

It generates zeo.conf and zope.conf containing the expected derived
names, and filestorages are created:

$ ls var/filestorage/ClmE
var/filestorage/ClmE:
ClmE_Data.fs  ClmE_Data.fs.index  ClmE_Data.fs.lock  ClmE_Data.fs.tmp

However when I try to add ZODB mount points from the ZMI, it deadlocks with
this traceback recurring:

"""
2009-07-21T09:51:49 (127.0.0.1:48909) register() raised exception:
unknown storage: ClmE
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/zope/instances/.../parts/zope2/lib/python/ZEO/zrpc/connection.py",
line 421, in handle_request
    ret = meth(*args)
  File "/home/zope/instances/.../parts/zope2/lib/python/ZEO/StorageServer.py",
line 217, in register
    raise ValueError("unknown storage: %s" % storage_id)
ValueError: unknown storage: ClmE
"""

In the ZMI (/Control_Panel/Database) I see that it shows the database
name as 'clme'.

I should mention that the same setup done manually (i.e. without the
recipe) does work with mixed case names, which is why I'm asking.

I can't figure out at what point the names are being lowercased. I
don't think it happens in the recipe itself. Perhaps somewhere in the
options parsing code? Can anyone help?

--