[Zope] How to move acl_users from a Zope 2.7.8 server to Zope 2.10.7 ?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Jun 12 10:09:33 EDT 2009

Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:
>>> How do I migrate the users in acl_users from the Zope 2.7.8 server to
>>> the 2.10.7 one?
>> Why don't you just copy the whole Data.fs and start it on the new server?
>
> Thanks, Chris.   Is it safe to copy Data.fs from Zope 2.7.8 to 2.10.7?

Yes, but since it'll be a *copy*, you can test whether anything gets
trashed before you have to commit to it.

>  The internal format of Data.fs has not changed?

Newer versions of ZODB have always read older Data.fs files.

> Or are you suggesting I try it and see if it works?

Yes, for your application, but I know it works for ZODB having taken
storages, over time, from Zope 2.4 all the way through to 2.12 ;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk