[Zope] how to check a user role with data entred by user?

Dvir Bar-lev dvir.b at puresight.com
Thu Mar 5 03:21:39 EST 2009

Hi all.

I have a question and I hope someone can help me out.

I'm new to zope and the all web thing, I'm using zope2.

What I did was this, I created a folder in the ZMI and there I created a
user folder(acl_users), in the user folder I defined  2 new roles.

Now, I have a log in form where the user fills out user name and
password, I want to check if the data he entered matches 1  of the roles
I defined in the ZMI . I can't find any info or example how to do it,
not on the web nor in the documentation.

I would appreciate any help on the matter.

Tx in advance