[Zope] fstest reports time-stamp reduction, what does it mean and should I be worried?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 06:28:50 EST 2009

Hi All,

For one customer, I have a secondary storage server that copies repozo
backups, restores them and then runs fstest over the restored result
once every few hours.
(I'd like to move to zeoraid, but it's not quite there yet!)

On a few occasions recently, fstest has complained similar to the following:

time-stamp reduction at 25557500079: 0x037c544b2c8defcc <=
0x037c550ba17c7555

What does this mean? Why does it appear to go away later? Should I be
worried about it?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk