[Zope] Zope2 + Twisted

Peter Sabaini peter at sabaini.at
Thu Mar 5 08:17:45 EST 2009

I'd like to run a Twisted client in Zope 2.10 (for a legacy app).

How do I do that? Simply loading twisted.internet is probably not a good idea
since Twisted would not work well with ZServer threads, right?

One thing I tried was enabling Twisted in zope.conf but that gives me the
following stacktrace (abbr):

  File "/usr/local/zope/2.10/src/Zope-2.10.7-
final/lib/python/ZConfig/matcher.py", line 188, in constuct
    s = st.datatype(s)
  File "/usr/local/zope/2.10/src/Zope-2.10.7-
final/lib/python/Zope2/Startup/datatypes.py", line 349, in __init__
    raise ImportError("You do not have twisted installed.")
ImportError: You do not have twisted installed.

I've got Twisted on my Pythonpath though.

TIA,
peter.