[Zope] Zope2 + Twisted

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 17:33:40 EST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 18:59, Peter Sabaini <peter at sabaini.at> wrote:
> So, I'd need the twisted reactor and libraries running in the Python
> VM that runs Zope. Which should be no problem except I suspect that I
> shouldn't be using the (threaded) ZServer then, because I think that would
> mess with twisted (which is not threadsafe for the most part).

Well, then you could probably set the ZServer to only use one thread.
That means you need many ZServers with a load balancer in front
instead.

> I thought if I'd switch to the twisted http server implementation that would
> take care of that -- no threaded ZServer, no problem. Except that doesn't seem
> to work as advertised, since the zope.app.twisted package is not present, and
> the one on PyPI seems to be geared towards Zope3, AFAICT.

I'm pretty sure the Zope2 implementation doesn't use zope.app.twisted.
However, the Zope 2 implementation is again not thread safe, and will
only work with one thread per server, so you don't actually gain
anything in using it. Besides, I don't think anyone actually used it
after I implemented it. Which is why it's still marked as
experimental, and would probably best be removed again.

--
Lennart Regebro: Pythonista, Barista, Notsotrista.
http://regebro.wordpress.com/