[Zope] How to add existing folder in Zope

Tim Nash thedagdae at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 15:08:27 EDT 2009

I get your point, I just don't agree with it. It is often easier to just
install plone than it is to:
1. search and discover LocalFS
2. decide if it is too old or if it can be satisfactorily patched.
3. patch it (thank you Robert)
4. test, test and test it.
5. Hope that it still works in the next version of zope that comes out.
6. plan to test, test and test it in the next version of zope. And the next,
and on and on.

Or you can install plone and know that it has been well tested, it is well
maintained and has a large community. One click and you are done. The next
version of plone will also be well tested.

Look, you can do it anyway you want but if you want to imply that my
suggestion to use Plone  is 'insane' you need to come up with a better
alternative than LocalFS.

But of course this is all moot. For most installs the best way to use large
javascript libraries is to put it into an apache folder.