[Zope] can I use my existing twisted rpc app in zope.

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sun May 3 12:48:39 EDT 2009

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 13:04, Krishnakant <krmane at gmail.com> wrote:

>> It's really up to you. Personally, I would recommend looking into
>> either Grok, which is based on Zope 3, or BFG, which is a minimalistic
>> framework using Zope 3 technologies.
>>
>> http://grok.zope.org/
>> http://bfg.repoze.org/
>>
> I see, By the way will 5 help me solve this confusion?

No.

> Now if I want to take the entire rpc server based application and put it
> into zope in such a way that my rpc application is not disturbed but the
> features like PAS get integrated, will this be possible?
>
> More presisely, I want to use zope for this same application server and
> have it do the same work on xml rpc.

That surely is possible. How much you need to rewrite it impossible to
answer without knowing your code. You don't "talk" to Zope the same
way you "talk" to Twisted, for example.

> My question was will I be able to re-use my published objects and their
> functionality by coding it in such a way that zope hosts the twisted
> based rpc server application I already have?

No, you will have to take your objects out of twisted and put them in Zope.

If your objects are tightly integrated with Twisted, you are likely
better off keeping the servers separate applications, but make them
talk to each other. Chris recommendation of WSGI makes sense.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64