[Zope] Script (python) config

Joseph Thomas (s) jthomas at cap.org
Mon May 18 15:21:52 EDT 2009

We upgraded from zope 2.9 to 2.10 and in the process upgraded plone as
well.  There's script that simply returns a list of groups to which a
user belongs. In the old system both users in the system and not in the
system (ie ids not in zope) would get HTTP 200 when invoking the script
thru a URL (obviously the non-system users would get an empty list)..

Now when system users invoke the script the script returns the list of
groups to which they belong, however, when a user not in the system
invokes the script it returns a 401. Is there some
authentication/security setting that we're missing that's preventing
non-system users invoking the script? We may have overlooked some small
thing (file system permissions, ZMI permissions, authentication settings
etc) when configuring things in the upgraded environment....any ideas
would help.

Thanks

Consider our environment; please print this e-mail only if truly
necessary. Thank you!