[Zope] Error packing database

Fabian Schoeck fabian.schoeck at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed May 27 04:08:46 EDT 2009

Dear list,

when trying to pack my data base, I get the following error:

-------
2009-05-26T18:30:52 ERROR ZODB.DB packing
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/www/zope/lib/python/ZODB/DB.py", line 605, in pack
    self._storage.pack(t, referencesf)
  File "/var/www/zope/lib/python/ZODB/FileStorage/FileStorage.py", line
1377, in pack
    self._commit_lock_release()
error: release unlocked lock
------
2009-05-26T18:30:53 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog
http://localhost:8080/Control_Panel/Database/main/manage_pack
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module App.ApplicationManager, line 426, in manage_pack
  Module ZODB.DB, line 605, in pack
  Module ZODB.FileStorage.FileStorage, line 1377, in pack
error: release unlocked lock
------

I searched the web for help, but did not find anything really helpful.
Is this due to some timeout of the web browser? The Data.fs is quite
large (7 GB). Should I rather pack the data base via shell and not using
the ZMI? What is the command to do so?

Thanks,
Fabian