[Zope] Large BTreeFolder2 batching/pagination

Ken Ara feedreader at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 2 05:28:37 EST 2009

I agree it is hard to imagine, but I am just the web guy...

If I dare to guess, I would say that what they want to do is improve access to the information for the users. The two million objects are strongly interlinked, so this is the navigation system used up to now. But why not open it up to browsing?

For the content team, it might also be nice to use the ZMI or similar when working with this content.

We have not been successful to create a Catalog of this many objects. The process seemed to time out after many hours, probably hardware-bound. Also, the size of the resulting ZODB is of concern, but we may try again with the Catalog on a mounted database.

My general question remains: Is there a way to address the objects contained in a BTreeFolder2 using something like an 'offset' or other identifier? Has anyone found a strategy that scales better than getBatchObjectListing?

Thanks

Ken