[Zope] Finding unused products

Gaute Amundsen gaute at div.org
Mon Nov 30 03:38:03 EST 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-29 at 16:05 -0500, Tres Seaver wrote:

> Gaute Amundsen wrote:

> >> No there isn't. You may have to invest some time writing a script that
> >>  visits all objects to find out what products they belong to. It may
> >>  not be worth the effort.
> >>
> >> jens
> >
> > Unfortunately it has "not been worth the effort" for a number of years,
> > but now it has become unavoidable.
> > Walking the tree it is then.
>
> You could probably work directly with the pickles way faster than
> activating every object in a large site:  look at the 'fsdump' script
> for clues.
> Tres.

Thanks for the tip, but testing a few tings now, it seems I would
probably spend way more time on the learning-curve than I'd save in
parsing.

I think, I'll rather stick my expensive parse results i a table, and
work from that.

Unless you think otherwise and can point me towards how to get both the
path, and the metatype out of that pickle. :-)

Gaute