[Zope] Zope3 on Ubuntu 64

Brian Myers tarkawebfoot at charter.net
Sat Oct 17 19:28:50 EDT 2009

I've installed Zope3 on a 64 bit Ubuntu platform and all seems well.

I've run mkzopeinstance and the instance directory is there and looks
ok.

However, when I try to start the instance, it says [fail] for the
zserver instance and there are no entries in the z3.log file. The
default instance chosen was 9673, not 8080. I wonder if that's saying
it's not finding an available port. But I've port scanned the machine
and both 9673 and 8080 are open.

Any ideas what to try next? How do I enable more logging output?

Thanx in advance,

Brian