[Zope] Zope3 on Ubuntu 64

Brian Myers tarkawebfoot at charter.net
Sun Oct 18 03:48:54 EDT 2009

When I run sudo /etc/init.d/zope3 start

I get the following:
* Zope3: starting main_instance instance							[OK]

z3.log has not been updated, and the instance has not started. I do
notice that the old entries in the z3.log file do list the port and it
is 9673. But going to http://<machine's ip>:9673 finds no server, and
port scanning the machine does not find 9673 (or 8080) open. The ps
command shows no zope or python related process running.