[Zope] Disabling "Expand macros when editing"

Damon Butler damon at hddesign.com
Thu Sep 3 17:24:40 EDT 2009

Hi,

We just recently upgraded from various installations of Zope 2.7/2.9 to
Zope 2.10. The page template feature "Expand macros when editing" is
causing us major headaches. It is checked on by default, and as a
result, the instant we wish to view the source code of any ZPT, it has
been mangled into "expanded" form before we have a chance to do anything
to it.

THIS IS BAD!

How can we turn this feature off globally? Right now, it is flatly
impossible for us to edit most of our ZPTs because the instant we even
look at them they are mangled. We can't even uncheck the option without
saving the mangled version.

It's Catch-22 of the worst sort. Please help!

--Damon Butler