[Zope] problem with commits in SQLAlchemyDA

Brad Allen bradallen137 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 17:10:25 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Maric Michaud <maric at aristote.info> wrote:
> robert rottermann a écrit :
>  > I do not see any reference to mark_changed
>  > you have to call it before any transaction.commit() to tell the zope
> transaction
>  > machinery that it has to commit you changes also.
>  > robert
>  >
>
> In fact, what I understood is that zope.sqlalchemy, by default, bypasses
> the commit if status is not manually set as 'changed' (see the docstring
> I quoted in my previous mail). The alternative is to build the
> SessionExtension with initial_state == STATUS_INVALIDATED.
>
> My point is that it should be the default for a DA, as it is intended to
> be used mainly by zsql methods which doesn't do nothing to the
> transaction state.
>
> Maybe I wasn't clear but the patch works well with my existing zsql code.

Andreas,

We are trying out the Zope SQLAlchemy DA at work, and one of our
developers saw the same problem with no commits being generated after
executing zsqls (running against cx_Oracle).

Can this fix be included in the upstream SQLAlchemy DA, so nobody has
to monkeypatch it in?

By the way, I attempted to checkout this code, to start a topic branch
for this, but got a message which didn't make sense to me:

svn co http://svn.zope.org/Products.SQLAlchemyDA/

svn: Repository moved permanently to '/Products.SQLAlchemyDA/'; please relocate