[Zope] problem with commits in SQLAlchemyDA

Brad Allen bradallen137 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 11:41:58 EDT 2010

Tres Seaver said:
> Thanks for taking this initiative, Brad!

Thanks for the encouragement.

Kader got started on this and he came up with a couple of questions:

* The tests for SQLALchemy DA make use of ZopeTestCase. Is that
deprecated? I found a discussion of Zope test runners in zope-dev,
thread titled "circular dependency hell", which left me confused about
where Zope testing is going.

* The tests were written for SQLALchemy 0.4, which had a
"session.save" method. SQLAlchemy 0.5 and 0.6 use "session.add". Do we
need to maintain support for SQLAlchemy 0.4? I am tempted to make this
new release support only 0.5 and 0.6, and see if anyone squawks.
Hopefully most everyone has migrated to at least 0.5. (We can support
both with conditional sqlalchemy.__version__ checks, but that can get
ugly).

Thanks!