[Zope] problem installing Openflow product of zope on LINUX

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Tue Dec 7 13:20:21 EST 2010

Hi Smita,

On 07/12/2010 15:26, Smita Kamdar wrote:
> I have already installed the following products on my dev RedHat LINUX m/c –
>
> 1) Zope-2.11.4
>
> 2) Python-2.4.4
>
> 3) Egenix-2.0.6
>
> 4) Postgresql-7.4.13
>
> 5) Psycopg-1.1.6
>
> 6) OpenFlow-1.1.0
>
> & on the live m/c also all these products are installed with a mismatch
> in versions of the products. Only in case of Database Adapter instead of
> ZPsycopgDA, ZPygresqlDA is installed on live.

Is there a reason that you are using ZPsycopgDA instead of ZPygresqlDA?

You should set the two environments up identically.

> But still when I import my project’s source code (i.e. .zexp file) from
> live to dev m/c all the code is imported successfully except it gives
> errors in Pygresql_Database_Connection & OpenFlow.
>
> For Pygresql_Database_Connection & Openflow it gives error as ‘This
> object from PygresqlDA product is broken’ & ‘This object from OpenFlow
> product is broken’ respectively.

If you are importing a zexp that contains a ZPygresqlDA connection and
the ZPygresqlDA product is not properly installed, you will indeed have
broken objects - that would apply to ZPsycopgDA too, of course. If you
want to use the imported objects, you must have the same products
installed (at the same versions).

I don't know anything about ZPygresqlDA (or OpenFlow, for that matter),
but I've had similar problems with ZPsycopgDA, so the following may be
of some help: -

First, is your DA correctly installed?

Take a look at the Control Panel in the ZMI, and scroll down to the DA
itself - does it have a "broken product" icon? If so, this may be
because the associated python-level product (which would be Psycopg
itself in the case of ZPsycopgDA) is not correctly installed.

N.B. You may have to install libpq-dev to compile it.

Second, is the DA actually usable?

Even if it appears installed properly in the Control Panel, it's worth
testing by setting up a new connection to your database.

If you have a good setup, and the error is still thrown, you would still
need to zap the old product's connection and replace it with the new
product's equivalent, of course

Formally, you are on your own importing a zexp file into a target
environment that differs from the source environment. If the above does
not help, then I'd go back and make the necessary changes to make them
match before spending a lot of time on this.

HTH

--

Regards,

PhilK

'work as if you lived in the early days of a better nation'
- alasdair gray