[Zope] japanese encoding

Aaron Maupin maupin at pastrytech.com
Fri Feb 26 16:29:22 EST 2010

Perhaps I should also mention that I can log into the server, open up a
python console, and type:

 >>> import japanese
 >>> text = 'blahblah'
 >>> text = unicode(text, 'utf-8')
 >>> text = text.encode('japanese.iso-2022-jp')

with no problems.

'japanese' is installed in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/

I removed my recent /home/USERNAME/lib/python2.4 'japanese' install and
now 'import japanese', 'print japanese' within Zope reveals that Zope is
using the same /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/japanese as the python
console.

However I still get an encoding error in Zope Python scripts or External
Methods with the above code... code that works fine in the Python console.

Is there some sort of security within Zope that's stopping me from
accessing the encoding?

Aaron