[Zope] japanese encoding

Yusei TAHARA yusei at nexedi.com
Sun Feb 28 22:01:13 EST 2010

Hi,

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 06:35:51 +0900
Aaron Maupin <maupin at pastrytech.com> wrote:

> Yusei TAHARA wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Recent python includes japanese codecs so that you don't have to install
> > JapaneseCodecs any longer. If you use python2.1, it is needed.

> > <codecs.CodecInfo object for encoding iso2022_jp at 0x7fb1cd7a38d8>
>
> Thanks Yusei!
>
> The above works within the Python console, but within a Zope Python
> script I get repeated username/password requests, finally failing with a
> 'You are not allowed to access 'lookup' in this context'.
>
> Within a Zope External Method I get 'unknown encoding: iso-2022-jp'
>
> However I just tried 'iso2022_jp' within an External Method and that
> worked. 'iso-2022-jp' is supposed to be an accepted alias of
> 'iso2022_jp' but apparently the external method is unable to find it
> using the alias...
>
> Anyway, hopefully now I'll be able to convert Japanese text in utf-8 to
> iso-2022-jp!  Thanks!

OK, good to hear that. FYI, PythonScript on Zope is not normal python.
It is a restricted python environment. If you want to import and use any
python modules except very basic ones like string module, you need to add
a security declaration. See Products/PythonScripts/module_access_examples.py.

Regards,
--
Yusei TAHARA <yusei at nexedi.com>