[Zope] Asynchronous triggering of events

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Tue Oct 19 14:35:23 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 14:13 -0400, Brian Sullivan wrote:
> So I installed 2.11.4 -- the latest that I could find and still the same issue.

Clockserver is actually built into newer Zopes and needn't be installed
separately.  You  configure it by adding stuff to your zope.conf file,
eg.:

    <clock-server>
        method /mysite/do_stuff
        period 60
        user admin
        password secret
        host localhost
    </clock-server>

> I get the impression from the age of the Zope installs, the state of
> disrepair and link rot of the zope.org site that Zope is in its final
> death throes as an independent entity ? I tried to look for an
> independent version of Plone that I can install on an existing Zope--
> the only install I could find is a complete installer including Zope.
>
> Is Plone the new Zope?

Might want to start a separate thread for all that.

- C