[Zope] Plone the new Zope?

William Heymann kosh at aesaeion.com
Tue Oct 19 16:50:29 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 19 October 2010, Brian Sullivan wrote:
> I haven't done any Zope work for quite a while and have just restarted
> out of necessity. Things seem to have changed in the last few years.
>
> I get the impression from the age of the Zope installs, the state of
> disrepair and link rot of the zope.org site that Zope is in its final
> death throes as an independent entity ? I tried to look for an
> independent version of Plone that I can install on an existing Zope =
> the only install I could find is a complete installer including Zope.
>
> Is Plone the new Zope?

You probably want to go go http://zope2.zope.org
Newer zope releases and other things are not showing up on the zope.org site.
However fixing all the links on zope.org is probably a pretty massive
undertaking.

Zope 2 itself is fine. I just doubt many people using it use zope.org.

I run a lot of zope 2 setups and I don't use plone on any of them.