[Zope] Help in deciding approach to Web App

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Mon Dec 5 11:52:19 UTC 2011

Am Montag, 5. Dezember 2011, 11:37:46 schrieb Sareesh Sudhakaran:
> But I'm restricted by hosting options for Zope at the moment, and will
> revert to Python once the project is deployed - and when I figure out
> whether mySQL is good enough or not. I hate having to type all those extra
> characters in php though.sareesh

If i talk about Zope / Python i mean Zope (with Zope Python Script Objects
and/or external (Python) Methods). At a earlier stage Zope devels discussed
for integrating ingres or another RDBMS natively into Zope - but this is not
longer the case as there are many Zope adapters / integrations / products
available for different major RDBMS like MySQL or Postgres.

For the data structures where you have to handle large tables MySQL would be
the first choice while oo data structures would preferrably go into your ZODB.
I.e. we handle large amounts of user data records within MySQL while all of
the web content objects or even complex shopping products are handled within
ZODB - both within the same Shopping Cart application. This all depends highly
from you data model. By theory you are able to handle both in just on of the
DB solutions.

With Zope you have many options to use external database solutions within your
Zope based application.

best regards,

Niels.
--