[Zope] is it possible to upgrade from 2.9 to 2.13?

Fernando fernando at cmartins.nl
Mon Jul 4 08:26:07 EDT 2011

Stefan, thanks for your reply.

In the meanwhile I was indeed able to put products in INSTANCE/Products
(Zope 2.13.8). I did not know about that option you mention and I cannot
check it now, but the Products from pypi were being recognised, as long
as I put only the specific Product subfolder (not the whole pypi package
which contains "cruft" for eggs, whatever else, I still don't fully
understand).

However, with ZSQL Methods, the situation is different. It contains the
specific ZSQL Methods folder, but also Shared/DC/ZRDB. When loading,
Zope complains it can't find the module ZRDB/Search.py (or something
like that).

So, ZSQLMethods depends on Shared, but Share is not being recognised (or
at least not yet processed before ZSQL). How can I fix this? Somehow I
guess the pypi package should be made an egg and dropped in
lib/python2.6, and somehow configured. I couldn't yet find instructions
on doing this for Zope.

I've been trying to read about this whole new procedure[s] (setup tools,
buildout, eggs, virtualenv, ???), but I have the impression the
situation has been changing and it's quite hard to figure out what makes
sense or works right now.

Fernando