[Zope] CMF -?-> Zope

Eric d'Halibut eric.halibut at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 00:48:31 EDT 2011

I am a straggler returning to Zope after years away from it. I come
from a time when to install a product into one's Zope one simply
untarred it into one's Products folder and restarted. Now I am looking
at easy_install, buildout, and the new mania for "eggs." Imagine my
discomfiture.

But never mind all that. I now have a running instance of Zope 2.12.10
installed in NetBSD 5.1. I want to install CMF into it, which used to
be one's first product chore (almost) since plone depended on it and I
was heading for a plone install, (and later on ran Silva for a couple
of years.) But I am here tonight to say, I am stumped.

How do get CMFCore into my zope instance "the right way?" Can someone
lay out the steps for me?

My python is: /usr/pkg/bin/python2.6

My Zope is at: /usr/local/src/Zope2-2.12.10

My instance is at: /usr/local/Zopeish

I have banged around with easy_install, which writes things into my
NetBSD /usr/pkg hierarchy, of which I very much disapprove. Buildout
seems always to want to build the original gazillion (not
complaining!) Zope packages every time I ry to use it.

So...glad to be back. Need help. Will write if I get work. Wish you were here.

nb. The running Zope instance is "live" on the net, so if one needs to
examine my ZMI I can provide URL and login. Just ask, please.

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely