[Zope] Error migrating Zope Data.fs from 2.10 to 2.13: object.__new__(Args) is not safe

Frank Kauff fkauff at biologie.uni-kl.de
Mon Oct 10 02:58:34 EST 2011

Hi all,

when trying to move from Zope 2.10 to 2.13, I ran into a problem. I
successfully stripped versions out of my Data.fs (thanks to this mailing
list). Now Zope starts up properly and displays the manage page, but
when I try to access the various folders of the site, I get the error below.

Any ideas about how to overcome this?

Thanks, Frank

    Zope Error

*Error Type: TypeError*
*Error Value: (', use Persistence.Persistent.__new__()', , ())*

Traceback (innermost last):

  * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 77, in mapply
  * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 46, in call_object
  * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 322, in __call__
  * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 359, in _bindAndExec
  * Module App.special_dtml, line 185, in _exec
  * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Let, line 77, in render
  * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_In, line 647, in renderwob
  * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_In, line 772, in sort_sequence
  * Module ZODB.Connection, line 860, in setstate
  * Module ZODB.Connection, line 914, in _setstate
  * Module ZODB.serialize, line 612, in setGhostState
  * Module ZODB.serialize, line 605, in getState
  * Module ZODB.broken, line 106, in __new__

TypeError: ('object.__new__(Args) is not safe, use
Persistence.Persistent.__new__()', <class
'Shared.DC.ZRDB.Aqueduct.Args'>, ())