[Zope] Zope instance not serving website - Site Error

Matthew Moore matt at smtl.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 10:15:44 UTC 2012

Hi,

My rather old Zope2 server crashed yesterday and took down the one
website that it was still serving.  The site now just throws out the
following error:

"Site Error

Debugging Notice
Zope has encountered a problem publishing your object.

Cannot locate object at: http://www.legulcerforum.org/news/folder_listing

Troubleshooting Suggestions

    The URL may be incorrect.
    The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
    A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.

For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the error
log.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for
your patience.
(Also, the following error occurred while attempting to render the
standard error message, please see the event log for full details:
main_template)"

Part of the site is accessible, a zope based photo gallery and the ZMI
(management interface), but the main part of the site isn't working, it
just throws out the above error.

I've restored the whole instance from backups and I still get the same
error, so I don't think the problem is with the instance (but I'm
totally new to zope, so willing to be told I'm wrong).  When running the
instance in the foreground - zopectl fg, I get the following -
http://pastebin.com/bhBp7AXf

I'm honestly not sure exactly what version of zope it is, because when I
start poking around in the ZMI, I get the above error.  Python is
2.4.3.  The server is Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.  Zope hasn't been installed
through the package manager.

I've never really used zope before, this is something I've inherited
from a previous sysadmin.  I'm happy to RTFM and try things out (this is
the only site on this server and I have fairly decent backups) but my
zope/python knowledge is pretty minimal, so sorry if I'm missing
something obvious.

Thanks,

--
Matthew Moore