[Zope] Zope instance not serving website - Site Error

Sascha Gottfried sascha.gottfried.registrierung at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 2 10:47:18 UTC 2012

Hi Matthew,

you probably need to know the concepts of Zope Through-the-web (TTW) and
Filesystem (FS) Product Coding.
Some templates, scripts are in the ZODB and editable via ZMI - the
recommended style for a not so recent Zope version is using FS Zope
Products. Please identify the zope version by using the ZMI-ControlPanel.
Please compare the way you start the zope instance with the way your
former colleague did it.
Identify if you are using a custom developed  Zope Product with
templates and a 'main_template' and optionally a 'folder_listing' Zope
Page Template or similar. Find them by searching in the filesystem
('Products' Folder is one option) and in the ZMI and tell us the
location if you find them.

It could be that the Filesystem Directory Views need to be created
manually - if the product code is not doing that properly.
Please check this stuff and come back. And the way with pastebin is
right - the more (proper) information we have the better. At the moment
the bits and pieces of your application are not complete to me - help
me. Now its your turn.

Sascha