[Zope] Form issue with apache frontend

Encolpe Degoute encolpe.degoute at quadra-informatique.fr
Sun Jan 29 23:17:47 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm facing a strange bug between Apache and Zope. I'm suspecting Apache but I need to prove that Zope isn't at the origin of this mess.

In the two files attached you have the request sent by firefox logged with livehttpheaders (request.orig.txt) and the request read in ZPublisher/Publisy.py=>publish with request.stdin.read(). You can see that a part of the request overload the start's of it. The size of file in the request is 6855 bits. I don't understand how this is possible.

Two apache servers and one ZEO cluster composing the architecture :
- the first Apache 2.1 is a FreeBSD gateway for external requests : it's using SSL with an homemade certificate and ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse to redirect to the second server on the 8080 port
- the second Apache 2.2 server is on Windows Server 2003 and listening on 80 and 8080.
- the port 80 for all local requests with mod_auth_sspi to handle the SSO and redirect to a first ZEO client
- the port 8080 for outside requests from the first Apache server without SSO and redirect to a second ZEO client

There is a know bug with apache and SSL but only for requests above 128KB: here the request's weight is about 8KB.

Is there something that modifies the incoming request before it comes in the publish module ?

Regards,
--
Encolpe Degoute <encolpe.degoute at quadra-informatique.fr>