[Zope] installation problems with ztfy.webapp on fresh baked gentoo!

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Thu Jul 18 03:36:44 CEST 2013

> He installed "zc.builout" globally, and it was solved for him but not me.

I am the person he is speaking of.

I had the same problem.  It was  a few days ago.  I believe what fixed it is

#FIRST INSTALL BUILDOUT
easy_install zc.buildout

#Then run it.
buildout

# BASICALLY THE FOLLOWING DOES NOT WORK.
python bootstrap.py

Nor did my fix work for Tamer.

I guess my larger question is what is going on here.  We used to use
setuptools.  Now it seems to call distribute.
And that seems to have the bug.  It is ths massive chunk of code we are
sitting on top of, changes happen, and it is not clear who changed what, or
what depends on what.    I really do not want to get in and debug
setuptools or distribute.

What should we be doing in cases like this?   How does one work with
these massive code libraries?

Chris