[Zope] ] installation problems with ztfy.webapp on fresh baked gentoo!

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Fri Jul 19 03:00:42 CEST 2013

On 7/18/13 4:30 PM, Tamer Higazi wrote:

>> I am trying to install zope3 /ztfy webapp
>>
>> Why?

Well if we want to do zope 3/ bluebream development we have to start
somewhere.

When last I checked there is no blue bream release available.  There is
a nice ztfy release available. It has documentation for the installation.  It has a nice ZMI.  Thierry,
when he is not on summer vacation, provides great support.

It has quite a mature wiki.
wiki.ztfy.org

And so we thought it is a great starting point for zope 3/bluebream
development.

The problem is it is not installing.  buildout  calls
z3c.recipe.testrunner which dies.

That was on Tamer's computer.  I had different problems with it.

I guess we will dig in and debug it, but it goes against the grain.  It
would be so nice to just use it, without having to learn the details of
how it is implemented.

Actually it is now clear to me what to do.  Read the docs on zc.buildout and distribute on pypi.
Then read the docs in the source code.  Then add them to the list of link to docs at

zopache.com/Products

and

ZTFY.org/Products

Once we understand the details of what those packages do, it should be much easier to figure out how to debug the problem.

Chris
http://zopache.com