[Zope] ExtFile/ExtImage in Zope2 2.13 and Transaction Manager

Niels Dettenbach (Syndicat.com) nd at syndicat.com
Sat Nov 16 09:39:28 CET 2013

Jesus Cea <jcea at jcea.es> schrieb:
>I hit the problem that ExtFile tries to import "from Shared.DC.ZRDB.TM
>import TM". Messing around a bit, I solved the issue installing
>"Products.ZSQLMethods" product (via
><https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2012-January/176324.html>), but
>this is not working with 2.13.21. I am getting tons of upgrade
>warnings about zope packages.

hmm,

i did an install of 2.13.21 one week ago by the easy_install method (with python2.7) as documented on the Zope2 online manual.

With 2.13.21 there was several products which are not longer part of the Zope core installation (bundle) and have to be installed seperately if required.

I've installed ZSQLMethods too by the easy_install method which worked for me without probs, as long as you did not install extensions/products by hand which require further newer Zope core parts - then you will get such version conflicts afaik. This should work with the buildout method too, but not tried it yet.

Do NOT install "core" products "by hand" (around the easy_install or buildout mech) as long as you did not checked the compatibility of that version with your Zope version.

hth
cheers,

Niels.

--