[Zope] Zopache = ZTK + Grok + ZMI

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Wed Jul 30 19:22:17 CEST 2014

On 7/30/14, 8:01 PM, Andreas Jung wrote:
>> > I am only sorry that more people are not actively developing on Grok and
>> > ZCA.
> This is your annual complaint for 2014?
It is not a complaint.  It is really more of a question.  Let me spell
it out in detail.

I would think that the world has to move to massive class libraries of
reusable software components, maybe not on the client side, because it
takes time to download, but certainly on the server side.  Not in
statically bound languages like Java or C++, but in dynamically bound
languages, like like python or C#.  The only significant python
component architecture I know of is ZCA.  Maybe there is one in C#  So I
would expect lots of people to be using
ZCA, most easily in Grok.    And Grok is quite easy to use.   And yet
that is not happening.

Why not i wonder?

There is one prominent blogger who explained he just got too frustrated,
but mostly people do not post their stories
of failures.   They just disappear, so it is hard to abstract what the
problems are.

Chris