[Zope] Troubles with a Zope-2.7.7-final instance

robert robert at redcor.ch
Mon Mar 17 12:58:44 CET 2014

Am 17.03.2014 09:05, schrieb Herbert Liechti:
> Hello
>
> I have some troubles with a customers system whos maintainer is no
> longer available. There was a zope 2.7.7 instance running there until
> last week. The system was rebooted after a long time an the instance
> did not come back online.
>
> I tried different things and after all I compiled python2.4 and all
> dependend stuff (I found all sources on the system). Now the instance
> is starting up with zopectl start. Unfortunately after a few minutes
> the instance dies without any messages in the log files. I tried to
> increase the log level but it has no effect.
>
> The instance should listen on port 8080. But I never encountered a
> listen on that port when I start up zope. I have no idea where to
> search now.
This looks as if some products (zope plugins) are not started correctly.

Try to start zope in the foreground using:
bin/zopectl fg

then you see at least if zope starts correctly at all.
You should see a message:
INFO Zope Ready to handle requests

ah, and an other idea:
is your instance zeo based?
if yes, did you start zeo before starting zope?

if there is a file called
bin/zeoctl

you have to run it before starting zope with:
bin/zeoctl start

hope this helps
robert