[Zope] Zope2 - pro/contra

Tom Gross itconsense at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 20:22:29 CET 2015

Hello

When it comes to Zope people seem to have 2 opinions. (Maybe that's the
2 in the name ;-) ). A lot of people seem to use it (with or even
without Plone) and loving it and a lot of people call it dead because
there is (almost) no new development. At least on the Zope package
itself. I myself like to work with Zope too but I know web development
changed in the last couple of years and there are other options around.
I don't know if it is worth the thing but to have a future Zope needs

  - A MAINTAINER!!!
  - MARKETING!
  - DOCUMENTATION!
  - Usability improvements (frameless, responsive ZMI)
  - Technical improvements (Port to Python3, WSGI, ...)

The technical improvements could be organized/financed with a pledgie
the others are possibly harder to solve.

My 2 cents
Tom