[Zope] How to install Zope 2.13.26 using virtualenv?

Michael Howitz icemac at gmx.net
Tue Aug 29 08:50:37 CEST 2017

> Am 24.08.2017 um 03:47 schrieb Jesus Cea <jcea at jcea.es>:
>
> On 22/08/17 07:10, Michael Brunnbauer wrote:
>> using easy_install instead of pip worked for me:
>>
>> ./bin/easy_install --index-url=http://download.zope.org/Zope2/index/2.13.26/ Zope2
>
> That works, but it is not what is documented in
> <https://zope.readthedocs.io/en/2.13/INSTALL-virtualenv.html>. Who can
> update the documentation?. Is is strange, because "easy_install" is kind
> of the old fashion install procedure. Modern way is "pip", AFAIK.
> Changing the documentation (who can do that?) or solve whatever is
> precluding ZOPE2 to be installed using pip?. I would rather prefer the
> second option.
>
> Who needs to be notified to take care of this?.

Could you please create an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/zopefoundation/Zope/issues?
When the documentation gets fixed on GitHub it will be automatically updated on ReadTheDocs.

BTW I stumbled upon another issue regarding pip installation:
https://github.com/zopefoundation/Zope/issues/151
But this one seems to be different as the documentation should show a way which actually works.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Michael Howitz