[Zope] ZopeCtlOptions instance has no attribute 'transcript'

Michael Howitz icemac at gmx.net
Thu Feb 8 08:04:08 CET 2018

Hi Jesus,
Am 06.02.2018 um 21:02 schrieb Jesus Cea <jcea at jcea.es>:
[…]
> it works. Nice. Upgraded! :-).

Nice!

> Sorry for wasting your time.

It seemed that actually I was wasting your time by writing a too short announcement.
Sorry for that.

> The announcement email is quite short, 3 paragraphs. One of them is just
> this:
>
> """
> You can download it via PyPI: https://pypi.org/project/Zope2/2.13.27
> """
>
> Yes, I can download it, but I can not install it via PYPI as a regular
> package. It doesn't work. In fact
> <https://pypi.org/project/Zope2/2.13.27> shows "pip install
> Zope2==2.13.27", that we have seen as wrong command to install.

You are right.

> I wonder why "requirements.txt" in pypi package doesn't pin dependencies
> versions, as listed. Is that a PIP bug?.

It does not seem be supported by pip, at least I did not find a way to trick it to install the requirements.txt from inside a package it should install.
Anyone else who has a tip?

> The thing is:
>
> 1. Zope2 can not be installed as 99.9% other packages, just doing "pip
> install".
>
> 2. The announcement email points to a webpage showing a PROMINENT
> install command that produce a non-working configuration.

You are right, I am looking forward to create a more helpful announcement next time.

> A simple possibility is just to add paragraph in future announcement
> emails just saying: "This package ca not be installed in the regular
> way. Follow instructions in http://....“.

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen