[Zope] [Zope-dev] Annoucement: Zope2 2.13.27 released

Michael Brunnbauer brunni at netestate.de
Wed Jan 31 15:56:39 CET 2018

Hello Michael,

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 09:39:53AM +0100, Michael Howitz wrote:
> These versions are really old. You could try to omit `--no-binary zc.recipe.egg` from the command line shown above and see if this is successful. (`--no-binary zc.recipe.egg` is needed because otherwise modern pip versions think that zc.recipe.egg is an egg and not the name of a package. I don???t know what older pip versions without support for wheels do in this case.)

Works for a while but then at some point setuptools_scm cannot be installed
automatically. If I download and install it manually in the virtualenv subdir
before starting pip, the install for Zope2 seems to finish.

Same problem later with "./bin/pip install Products.ZSQLMethods":

 No local packages or download links found for pytest-runner

> This would be the first step I???d suggest: update the used virtualenv package and create a new virtualenv to install Zope there.

virtualenv was installed with easy_install and easy_install says "Best match:
virtualenv 1.9.1", which is the current version. So what would be the best
way to update virtualenv?

> Distribute is dead nowadays all its changes have been merged back into setuptools. It is no longer needed/suggested to use distribute.

Yeah I get that.

> > -Switch to setuptools (probably the recommended way which would break most
> > things? :-))
>
> I don???t understand what you want to switch to setuptools.

My system. Because setuptools is not installed. If I install it while other
stuff was installed with Distribute, what is the probability that anything
inside or outside my virtual environments will break? That's the question I'm
asking myself.

cu,
brunni

--
++  Michael Brunnbauer
++  netEstate GmbH
++  E-Mail brunni at netestate.de
++  http://www.netestate.de/
++
++  Sitz: München, HRB Nr.142452 (Handelsregister B München)
++  USt-IdNr. DE221033342
++  Geschäftsführer: Michael Brunnbauer, Franz Brunnbauer
++  Prokurist: Dipl. Kfm. (Univ.) Markus Hendel