[Zope] Zope 4 migration

Michael Howitz icemac at gmx.net
Thu Dec 12 07:36:18 CET 2019

Hi Michael,

[…]

That’s right. See https://zope.readthedocs.io/en/4.x/zope4/migration/index.html for detailed information.

> Does the buildout thing work with Python 2?

The documentation says to use virtualenv instead of venv on Python 2.7, see
https://zope.readthedocs.io/en/4.x/INSTALL.html#built-in-standard-buildout-configuration

> I managed to install Zope 4 using pip and get an instance running with
> runwsgi. Now I am wondering how to stop it? How am I supposed to stop a
> running instance? There seems to be no command and no option in the GUI.

When using plain Zope Ctrl-C on the command line should be enough.
There is no button in the UI any more because the web server is no longer part of Zope itself. Instead you are able to use a WSGI server of your choice.
See https://zope.readthedocs.io/en/4.x/wsgi.html#choosing-wsgi-server-software for recommandations and example configurations.

--
Mit herzlichen Grüßen
Michael Howitz